Thursday, September 10, 2015

Skopnik Ministry News

STORY:
Grieving Family in Kenya
I was in the local Christian book store this summer picking up a few gifts for a funeral I was to attend and speak at in Kenya.  The clerk at the desk saw the items I was buying and asked if I was going somewhere.   I said, "Yes, I'm going to Kenya, Africa".   Then the most unexpected thing happened, right in the middle of the store.  She said, "I feel the presence of the Lord and I need to pray for you right now!".  She prayed for God to go before me and to minister powerfully through me, though she did not even know what I was doing.  After she finished praying, she looked around, somewhat embarrassed and then said, "Whew - no one is in the store, that has never happened to me before!" I replied that  it had never happened to be before either! 

Preaching in Africa
I went to Kenya and had a powerful ministry sharing both at the memorial and funeral of a dear friend and colleague that had passed away quite suddenly.   One of the pastors that had been busy organizing these events asked me if I would speak at his church plant in the slums of Nairobi that coming Sunday.  I was honoured and asked my driver, who was not a believer, to take me there.  On the drive over he did the most unlikely thing.  He said he wanted to join me today in the little church - a church of around 40 - 50 people.  I finished my sermon, but the Lord had not finished working.  Without even an alter call, a young man suddenly stood up and said, "I have not received Christ as Lord and Saviour and I would like to be forgiven and do that now".   Shortly after he prayed, one of the women stood up and said the same thing, "I also have not received Christ as Lord and Saviour and I want to do so now".  I was taken a back and asked the pastor, is this normal?   He said, "No, but this is awesome" and we invited 2 new members into the kingdom of God!

Isn't it amazing how God answered the prayer of a clerk in the Waterloo Christian book store, and the prayers of many others in Canada,  to encourage a grieving family and to bring 2 more precious lives from a little slum church in Kenya to salvation!  




Skopniks: 
391 Wintergreen Dr.  Waterloo, ON.  N2V 1L7   Phone: +1 226 444 1588                            
Skype: meetwithgordo 
Blog: Skopnik Ministry







Avant Ministries | www.AvantMinistries.org
Partnership Giving Link  | PARTNER WITH US
Avant Ministries Canada
2121 Henderson Highway • Winnipeg, MB R2G 1P8
Phone toll free:  1 866 812 8268



No comments: